Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Tuesday 31 December 2013

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO

as always I am in a rush!!!!! 

 I have to host a dinner for 6 this evening ....all last minute prep.
I thought we would be going out but the city is heaving with people and everything was left to the very last minute. My nephew and his wife are visiting from Dubai and it was difficult to make plans until we could sort it with them on arrival ....no matter it is going to be a fun,fun,fun dinner and then a race down to the Town Hall to eat the grapes (that is what they do here...1 grape for each chime) to the chimes of the Town Hall clock!


I hope you all have a wonderful evening and I wish you all dear friends out there in bloggy world a happy and healthy 2014. 
Thank you most of all for your patience when I haven't always been able to reply to your comments and off I go ...... fly, fly ,fly to cook some quick and easy but yummy things to eat this evening.


oh!!!!    yes please!!!


Amanda :-)

28 comments:

  1. Enjoy your dinner party Amanda
    Happy New Year from the Ozarks
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and your family Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you and yours for the New Year.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing to you and your family,Amanda,Happy New Year 2014,with health and happiness!!All the best!!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy and healthy new year to you and joyride family Amanda, sounds like you are going to have good fun, enjoy! xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. I love your New Years resolution, perfect, can I join you x

      Delete
  6. We loved doing the twelve grapes thing in Spain ! Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is fun but I never seem to be able to get to 12....the clock always beats me!

      Happy New Year too Penny! xx

      Delete
  7. Happy New year to you and your family Amanda. I like your wish, there is always too much housework, never enough yarny time!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great resolution, I think I may just resolve that too! Have a happy new year celebration and enjoy the grapes :-)
    Wishing you all that's fabulous in 2014,
    love Gilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very Happy and Healthy 2014, to you Amanda! All the very best!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy happy new Year. Your grape tradition is silly and sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very happy New Year, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Amanda, I've never heard of the eating grapes tradition before. I didn't even make it to midnight here! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you and yours Amanda.. hope it's a good one for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year. I hope 2014 is a god one for you! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I pinned that one yesterday, love it. Happy New Year Amanda.
    Here is to a creative 2014!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Amanda, hope you enjoyed your grapes"

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Amanda! Wishing you only good things in 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Amanda, hope you have a lovely, brilliant and sunny 2014. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)