Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Sunday 5 May 2013

Rediscovering

It is such a lovely lovely spring day!!!

This morning we went for a bit of a walk downtown........wandering around with no purpose really which is such a relaxing feeling and returning to some favourite old spots,the port,Town Hall square and the old quarter of the city where my husband was born and grew up.
They call Alicante the city of light and it lived up to its name today! I was thinking as I took some photos that Alicante must be a photographer's paradise because the light is incredible. Then I thought of June on Catsdogs and eiderdowns and her hobby, as I am sure you know she always delights us with some really impressive photos of different places in the Uk and of her family.
If your ears were burning this morning June than I am the culprit, as it was me talking to Sr P about your photos and also we both agreed that you would be sure to love the light here.:-)

WARNING ......image heavy!



The surfer ...in Alicante harbour
Alicante Harbour and Hotel Melia in the background. Personally I think that is an eyesore as it blocks the view of the Postiguet beach and sea.


 Carbonell House which faces the harbour


The Town hall.....some lovely weddings are held here.

The other door!


Alleyway leading from the Town Hall to Mayor Street....sometimes people just don't remember to look up ....there's some very interesting ironwork under the balconies and lovely ceramic tiles under the eaves of the roofs.
On the other side


front view of the Town Hall .....the balcony where public proclamations are given from. I wouldn't mind one of those door knockers on my front door!


  walking up into the old quarter where Sr P is from.


up ,up,up huffing and puffing   into Santa Cruz 
 a bit more.... still huffing



jeez!!! I forgot how far it is....


Looking back down!





Having a bit of a rest!


The castle...nearly there!



At the top!

 and ......... now I need a nice cold cold glass of white wine and some tapas :-)



Welcome welcome to my new followers!  I haven't been able to find out exactly who you are on my friend connect lists. Its getting a bit confusing now there are 178 followers. I really don't know how those bloggers who have 500 or more manage!  However when you have the time please pop in to say hello. I always love to receive comments on my posts. 


Keep well

 Amanda :-)







21 comments:

  1. What a lovely relaxing day. I also have to tell you you are an angel I have little confidence in my crocheting ability,You have always been there with an encouraging word and I can not tell you how much it meant to me when you asked if I would consider sharing my pattern of the crocheted kitty. As an answer I will attempt to but it's super simple mostly rectangles and rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous views, everything looks so beautiful. I bet you are amazed you live in such a beautiful area. Hugs to you my friend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great buildings, yes the lights fantastic! Wish I was there...... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Amanda....you live in the most spectacular city I have ever seen....these pictures are so lovely...I love all those stairs, so sorry you got a little tired climbing as I would to, but would so love to see this city in person....maybe some day, someday!
    xx, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place to enjoy I walk at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Amanda.....I so love those wonderful, decorative buildings against the blue blue sky! What an amazing place your husband was born and brought up in! [Btw,I was also very pleased to hear that he cast his expert eye over my book's paper and binding and approved of it :)]
    Have a great weekend!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place to live. The bright blue skies and the water, oh my! All the decorative ironwork. Thank you for taking us on your walk and showing us the beauty of your home.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely pics, thanks for the glimpse into the beauty of your town.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place to love. Thank you so much for taking us with you today. Those of us who will most likely never experience your part of the world love to see your photos. So pretty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful place!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you from me too, Amanda :-) I appreciate the results of your efforts hiking, photographing, and posting. Beautiful...especially the bright blue sky above the white buildings!!!
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos. Alicante must be a wonderful place to live. The big climb was certainly worth for the view from the top!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Spring day and gorgeous pictures! You are so lucky to live in such an amazing city. Love Alicante! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, thanks for sharing, I have never been anywhere like that in my life...yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely little tour! Thank you for showing us around - and making us dream of visiting!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Amanda,

    Thanks so much for this enlightening tour of Alicante! I always go a little nuts at the sight of such beautiful architecture. I especially love the heavy green door of the Town Hall and the pretty red and white flower display against the wall, next to it. Lucky you - tapas and wine in such a wonderfully exotic environment.

    Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How amazing and beautiful!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for showing us your lovely pictures.I can almost feel the heat from here!

    Bellaboo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never visited Alicante. Such wonderful buildings and architecture.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for a lovely tour I think I will join you now in a lovely glass of chilled wine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I feel almost like I was there myself... Wonderful, delightful your. Love it. I feel refreshed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)